Senior UX/UI Designer
An extremely well-funded startup focused on taking a giant bite out of the high growth, high turnover, low satisfaction food service industry. We’re in this to improve livelihoods. Specifically, the livelihoods of deserving service industry professionals through vast and ever-expanding access to careers, content, and connections. Led by a team of consumer technology veterans, this isn’t the first time we’ve built a rich, customer friendly experience.
While our scrappy crew continues to rapidly grow, we never lose sight of our core belief- food and drink are one of the world’s few universal joys. And we’re hell-bent on servicing the good people behind it.
Who are we looking for?
A Senior Designer with the native mobile experience. One that not only can solve problems, but has a passion for it. Designing is in your DNA, and you’ve been doing it for some time now. You can tackle product initiatives and drive an experience that will leave a user slack-jawed. You’ll be able to partner with our team to define human needs before processing them into user flows, mockups, prototypes, and fully produced UI’s. You believe in the power of feedback, and you’ll never 86 an opportunity to get your hands dirty. Still you? Amazing. We look forward to checking you out.
This role is a full-time and salaried position that includes health, dental, and vision benefits plus company equity and more. The position is based in Austin, TX.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio that showcases your UX chops (wireframes, user stories, flows) and product design skills. We’re looking to see your product design work, not marketing collateral. Your portfolio must contain examples of mobile app design. Please include a link with any needed passwords with your application.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional designer working on web or mobile products or services.
- At least two years of experience designing native mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- A true passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with those of our business.
- You understand the value of mentorship and enjoy helping other designers improve their work.
- Mastery of Sketch or similar design tools (we use Sketch) and experience with InVision or similar prototyping tools.
- A deep understanding of web and mobile design constraints.
- Experience in implementing and improving a design system.
- Interest in user research and want the opportunity to conduct, document and share the findings from in-context observations and user interviews.
- The ability to jump from high-level concepts into detailed design conversations, and back again.
- You are collaborative and communicative by nature. You know how to deliver and receive constructive criticism.
- You have opinions, but you leave your ego at the door.
Bonus Points for Restaurant Experience
You’ve worked in restaurants or bars (double bonus points if you’ve designed apps that focus on people who work in the service industry, such as scheduling systems or Point of Sales (POS) solutions.
Come join us in building something smart, unique, and useful!
Compensation: Competitive and includes stock, benefits, 401k, etc.
Seasoned provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seasoned complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave