Sr. Graphic Designer - Marketing & Creative at Invitae
Sr. Graphic Designer - Marketing & Creative
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, affordable genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, Invitae is looking for a mid-level to senior graphic designer who will play a key role on the Creative & Marketing team. The graphic designer will collaborate closely with writers, marketing specialists, internal stakeholders, medical affairs and the sales team. Your designs will catch the eye and inspire people—from patients to doctors—to make better health decisions through the power of genetics.
Invitae is a highly collaborative environment where you’ll work alongside seriously smart thinkers who believe that genetics can change the world. You’ll fit right in if you’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission-driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution-focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive designs that show up everywhere the Invitae brand is represented, including sales brochures, trade show booths and collateral, social media and website graphics, presentation slide decks, digital ads, and email templates.
- Manage Invitae’s brand asset library, helping evolve our brand identity system and guidelines for imagery, illustration and typography.
- Implement visual design fundamentals including composition, color theory, typography, concept development, infographics, and strategic brand systems thinking.
- Promote the brand style guide and enforce visual design consistency.
- Oversee many of Invitae’s design systems, including tracking source files, part numbers, and stock image licensing.
- Juggle (and be able to pivot through) a large number of projects efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Effectively prioritize incoming requests and communicate the status of ongoing projects.
- Work closely with people from all corners of the organization, from researchers to executive management.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience as an in-house graphic designer for marketing
- BA or BS degree in graphic design or related field
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive and clear communication style: Able to articulate ideas and receive constructive feedback.
- You have the desire to be challenged and to learn something new every day.
- You manage your own time effectively to ensure on-time delivery of your work.
- Able to work under aggressive timelines, easily adaptable to change, as well as have the ability to push back when necessary.
- Resourceful, inspired, and self-driven: You’re a strategic thinker who adds value to every project rather than simply delivering what’s requested
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat DC).
- Expertise in GSuite and Microsoft Office
- Preferred but not required: Basic video editing skills; knowledge of Sketch and Figma
- Preferred but not required: Experience working in healthcare, life sciences, or biotech
- You embody curiosity, humility, and interest in building something new
- You have the ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.