Sr. Manager, UX Design at Bright Health
- Execute user experience, interaction and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Recruit, hire and train new team members.
- Monitor and guide team efforts, providing coaching and development to team members.
- Collaborate directly with product managers and engineers to define and implement solutions for the experience of our digital properties.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Lead usability and conversion optimization through standard methods and tools (e.g., analytics, testing, surveys, focus groups).
- Produce wireframes, user flows, mockups, visual design comps, and interactive prototypes of your UX ideas.
- Iterate designs, adjusting to technical requirements, and incorporate usability improvements into design.
- Lead site IA and recommend content creation opportunities.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and team leaders.
- Evaluate stakeholder, team, and user feedback, and implement findings through continuous iteration.
- Plan and execute website and digital product design stages from concept to hand-off, followed by continuous improvement cycles.
- Partner with various teams to analyze findings, distill insights into actionable opportunities, and help prioritize product roadmaps.
- Drive adoption of and evolve our design system, best practices, and standards in coordination with marketing and brand initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/arts, communications design, new media, web design, user experience design, or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Ten (10) or more years User Experience design.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience.
- Fluency in Adobe CC software, Sketch, and other related design tools.
- Understanding of modern front-end code HTML/CSS/JS is a must, ability to code is a bonus but not required.
- Working knowledge of common user testing software: Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Hotjar, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and competency with user-centered design methodologies, enterprise software, and working with complex experiences.
- Ability to present your designs and back up your solutions in a positive manner and expertly handle critique.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, taking input from multi-disciplinary teams.