Who we are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you will be doing
You will passionately solve the real challenges home buyers face – making one of life’s biggest moments better for millions of people. Work in close and deep collaboration with other designers, researchers, product and engineering – nimbly creating and crafting product solutions together. You’ll create UI and interaction designs for a specific aspect of the buyer’s journey, working as part of a small, empowered team including a product owner and engineers. Together, with a clear mission in your heads and hearts, you’ll ship a lot of engaging, beautiful and personalized new product experiences that genuinely solve buyer problems and delight them with what you create.
Day to day you can expect:
- Work in tight, nimble partnership with your product and tech work teammates, sharing the sweat and joy of building stuff together
- Be celebrated for working with openness, trust, being humble, and being all about helping your team do great work
- Embrace ambiguity and help your team through it, laughing when we make a bad choice before figuring out what to try next
- Help embed a creative, goal-oriented and bold product culture, where we try new things and are curious and open-minded with how to reach each goal
- Have plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
What we're looking for:
- Of course, we have some things in mind that might help tell you if you’re a pretty good fit: We’re after product designers who are:
- Passionate about beautiful, intuitive products and enjoy crafting even the smallest details
- Have a strong grasp of design fundamentals such as color theory, typesetting, visual hierarchy, and layout
- Considerate of all types of users, ensuring features are usable by anyone, anywhere, anytime
- User centered, focusing on ease of use and ensuring the purpose and function of each feature is clear
- Experienced in bringing brand personality into your designs to create a memorable experience for users
- Confident in using motion to enhance the experience and guide the user through their intended journey
- Excellent communicators who can utilize a variety of tools including sketches and prototypes to express your ideas clearly
- Comfortable working with and contributing to design systems
At this stage in your career you will have established your own process for tackling design problems and will have honed your UI and interaction design skills with a strong understanding of UX. We’re after designers who have a self-assured nature, are capable of articulating and rationalising design decisions whilst being collaborative, approachable and friendly.
It’s quite likely that you hold BA/BS degree in design, a related field or equivalent practical experience and have around 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Please provide a link to an online portfolio with your application.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.