Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
Kazoo seeks a Sr. UX designer that can align our product vision with research, best practices, and user centered design. You have the ability to understand business needs and technical constraints through all phases of design. This candidate will work closely with stakeholders leading UX design across multiple scrum teams.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Build end-to-end software solutions across multiple product lines and platforms
- Execute wireframes, user flows, presentations, prototypes, diagrams, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Define research methodologies and presentations the team uses to succeed
- Track user KPIs across products in Pedno
- Lead the continued refinement of our design system
- Break down complex problems into design solutions
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to define the design vision and implement seamless user interactions
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to define a roadmap
What you'll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated UX experience
- A strong portfolio of work that includes research, user-centered design principles, and visual design experience
- Experience creating, maintaining, and building application style guides for Saas products
- Well grounded in best practices for typography, color theory, and accessibility
- The ability to synthesize stakeholder and user needs into clear, easy to use designs
- Experience designing for both mobile and web environments
- Expert knowledge of design tools, Figma or Sketch experience preferred
- Ability to lead design and research in an agile environment
- Expert collaboration exerpience with product managers and engineers to solve problems
- Uses storytelling, research, and journey mapping to communicate design ideas
- A shared passion for our mission to make employees’ lives better
Bonus points for:
- Masters Degree in Design, HCI, or related field
- Content strategy experience
- UX writing
- Motion design skills
- HTML/CSS/JS coding abilities
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.