It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 150,000 customers in 140+ countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99% of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our rapidly growing distributed team. This is the perfect role for a logical, systems problem solver; someone who enjoys envisioning how a product could evolve and scale over time, and who maximizes user-centered design principles and practices. A designer whose strengths and passions are fueled and complemented by teamwork, collaboration, learning, and new challenges will find success here!
What’s cool about this job
It’s the perfect time to join the team! Our company and product portfolio are rapidly growing and on a path to becoming the #1 digital experience platform for WordPress agencies. As part of our accelerated growth, we are revamping our digital products, evolving our Design Language System, and reworking our information architecture to scale. The excitement and hopefulness that companies experience pre-IPO only comes around once—do you want to be part of it?
The right candidate is a strong product designer that strives to make simple, effortless user experiences from complex systems. They are analytical, passionate about UX trends, and standard methodologies. They enjoy discovering reusable patterns and frameworks for a better, faster design process. They understand the importance of including others, sharing wins, and have developed techniques for effective collaboration and consensus-building.
- Help us bring our company core value of "Design Matters" to life every day
- Assist in the planning and prioritization of design efforts
- Help establish a product vision and define the incremental path to get there
- Identify key risks, and collaborate with the UX Research team to test customer sentiment and behavior
- Participate in and facilitate brainstorms, design reviews, and other collaboration sessions that help the team win together
- Design thoughtful, meticulous end-to-end experiences that consider the happy path and where users are most likely to stray from it
- Iterate from “version 1” to “version right” with rapid prototyping and usability tests
- Delight Developers, Agencies, and business owners with beautiful, intuitive designs that make tasks quicker and easier
- Recommend product improvements and pitch new product opportunities based on your observations and data measurements
- Promote UX standardization by using and contributing to the Design Language System and other internal initiatives
- Promote the value of design by sharing success stories, things you've learned, etc.
- Portfolio demonstrates an iterative design process, complex problem solving, and successful outcomes
- Basic user research skills such as interviews and usability testing
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Miro, and other tools of the trade
- Comfort analyzing user behavior in tools such as Google Analytics and Pendo
- 4+ years of professional applied experience in a product design setting
- 4+ years creative experience overall
- Experience and willingness to work remotely with teammates across the globe is a plus
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program