RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Product & Design team at RigUp is building a platform of products and services to better serve the evolving needs of the people working in energy. On this team, Brand Design is responsible for crafting compelling designs that communicate our product value and purpose to inspire energy workers, employees, and the best tech talent.
RigUp is hiring a Staff Brand Designer that will help to shape our brand as we continue to expand on our company mission. The Staff Brand Designer will be a primary contributor on the team, while being directly responsible for the success of the various projects that they either own or are contributors. Working closely with the Creative Director and cross-functional peers, the Staff Brand Designer ensures that our brand is effective, cohesive, and evolving in maturity. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a proven track record of delivering functional, effective, and on-brand beautiful designs. They have experience establishing best practices for design collaboration, partner effortlessly with cross-functional peers, and, while clearly being one of the best individual contributors on the team, make time for mentoring more junior brand designers. Sound like you? Keep reading.
** Must submit a portfolio to be considered
What you'll be doing:
- Participate as a strong visual design contributor on projects that will reshape the RigUp brand.
- Conceptualize and develop thoughtful campaigns, experiences, and branded materials that address project goals.
- Provide designs that yield a cohesive user and customer experience across all brand touch points online and offline.
- Contribute to all phases of the creative process from initial concept definition to execution and production.
- Contribute to and maintain the system of RigUp brand guidelines, style guides, and design toolkits.
- Develop and deliver brand and marketing assets for a wide range of projects and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Actively participate in all group design critiques and cross-functional feedback sessions by presenting work and contributing feedback for others.
- Evangelize the virtues, character and quality of our brands and provide guidance to both designers and non-designers throughout the organization.
What you should have:
- 6+ years of brand/marketing design experience in a similar role, agency, or organization.
- A blended skill set of visual design for website design, print materials, basic UI design, copywriting, and good user interview skills.
- A comprehensive portfolio of design case studies that showcase early concepts and iterations, supporting user research, performance metrics, and design processes used throughout the duration of each project.
- Experience working with established brand guidelines, style guides, voice and tone guidelines, and design systems.
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build and maintain a successful brand.
- Experience in-house within a product org is a plus.
- Ability to exhibit strong judgement and decision making skills.
- Working across consumer, business, global and internal audiences a plus.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.
As a world-class employer, RigUp is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description