STAFF USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCHER
realtor.com seeks a User Experience Researcher to help us create and evaluate industry leading real estate websites and apps. You will partner with design, product and engineering colleagues and help them make informed decisions. You will be responsible for engaging with users to understand their contexts, behaviors, unmet needs, and aspirations. You will influence short-term and long-term product strategies and innovation efforts at realtor.com.
You are dedicated to advocating for the voice of the consumer in the product design process. You are an expert in finding actionable insights and incorporating them into different stages of the product life cycle. You consistently deliver high-quality work and are creative in communicating research insights to your stakeholders. A self-starter, you are comfortable managing competing priorities and navigating ambiguity, and have a bias toward action. While you are detail-oriented, you do not lose sight of the big picture. You are flexible by nature, persistent and a creative problem solver.
If you have a passion for user experience, and an interest in real estate, let’s talk!
- Be proactive: Proactively identify gaps in existing knowledge base and recommend studies to help the Product & Design teams better understand users and their needs.
- Execute: Independently scope, design and execute research studies and cover a mix of problem validation, foundational research, and strategic research projects.
- Collaborate: Collaborate and communicate with designers, product managers and engineers to drive research-based decision-making.
- Share: Demonstrate, explain, and teach others how to apply a range of research methods, understanding the balance and trade offs between smart, scrappy research and rigor.
- Evangelize: Share research findings through written reports and oral presentations and find creative ways to advocate for users.
- Align: Understand the team’s business goals when approaching research projects to ensure alignment with stakeholder needs.
- Have 6-8 years experience in defining key user research questions, identifying methods and logistics, executing, and framing insights into clear deliverables that inform business, product, and design decisions.
- Ability to work hand in hand with stakeholders to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Have the ability to iterate during and between studies to identify, implement, and evaluate changes quickly.
- Experience interviewing stakeholders and facilitating workshops to drive shared understanding of user needs and aligning solutions with pain points
- Previous experience building and sharing a body of knowledge from a variety of studies over time.
- Proven experience with qualitative research techniques (IDIs, Usability testing, Diary studies, Card sorting etc.)
- Comfort level being able to run quantitative studies as needed such as programming questionnaires and analyzing survey data using tools like Qualtrics, Decipher, Excel etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in design, sociology, or research (Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Experimental Psychology, UX, Research or related degrees preferred).
Nice To Have:
- Experience in the Technology or Product Domains
- Exposure to Quantitative Research techniques