User Experience Designer III
As a User Experience Designer III for Vrbo’s Design System team, you’ll work at the intersection of the user, data, technology, and design. You’ll place a deep focus on user insight to help you keenly understand user experience problems and opportunities. That understanding enables you to craft compelling solutions that are intuitive, thoughtful, simple, and delightful. If you thrive in a positive environment where you’re surrounded by a supportive, hardworking, and passionate design community who encourage each other to take their craft to the next level, then keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design system programs, key initiatives or product areas and influences across multiple customer experience touchpoints
- Use established design patterns and best practices, while pushing new standards when necessary
- Bring a systematic to problem-solving, while understanding how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities
- Drive forward the native design system for Android and iOS
- Optimize and evolve designers’ workflows through defining processes, tools, etc.
- Collaborate with multi-functional partners (Design, Product, Engineering) and ensure the integrity of the experience and design system is upheld
Who you are:
- MFA, BFA or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- Strong in 2 core skill, capable in 2 others: Interaction/visual design, Information architecture, User research, Facilitation, Prototyping, Technical/Platform knowledge, UX writing, Illustration, and Motion design
- Proven ability in web (responsive desired), native mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
- Excellent core visual or interaction design skills with strong technical capabilities in prototyping, front-end presentation technology, and user-centered design methods
- Demonstrated knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Excellent written and verbal skills to clearly communicate a strong rationale for how the system will work and evolve
- A self-starter who collaborates with designers, engineers, product managers, marketing and other teams in the company to evangelize the design system
- Understands advanced concepts around modularity, reusability, progressive enhancement, browser fallbacks, and state and conditional logic
- Deep understanding of how the technical back-end and front-end fit together across channels
- Nice-to-haves: previous design systems experience, familiarity with accessibility and localization, experience negotiating with internal partners to drive adoption
Why Join Us:
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer.
- We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description