User Experience Designer
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Are you an innovative and collaborative designer who has a passion for creating rich user experiences? Are you seeking an opportunity to create software that helps make the world a better place? Blackbaud is seeking a highly talented User Experience Designer with a unique blend of communication, analytical, and technical skills to join our team in creating world class solutions that help non-profits world-wide fulfill their missions more effectively.
About the role
We are looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems. As a UX Designer, you must be experienced with all types of user centered design techniques. This is an opportunity to be innovative, creative, and help drive a superior user experience.
What you will be doing
You will get to work closely with a team of user experience professionals to define, grow, and maintain the design system for Blackbaud. You will create and test prototypes in order to validate the value and user experience of the solution or features. You'll have the chance to build lasting relationships with multiple product teams and contribute to an open, creative, dynamic, and productive atmosphere. This person will contribute effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, and design prototypes.
- Masters degree or 3+ years experience as a UX designer creating delightful solutions
- Detail-oriented problem solving skills is a must
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong technical/analytical skills – ability to break down complex problems
- Aptitude for understanding human behavior and interactions with digital devices and media
- Experience designing software/web applications.
- Experience with user research techniques
- Strong written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills.
- Proficiency with prototyping and design tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure).
Please include professional portfolio samples or URLs in your submission.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.