Iodine is an AI software development company.
Some of our clients include: Advent health, Baylor Scott & White Health, HCA, Integris Health, and Mount Sinai Health System.
We’ve pioneered a new machine learning approach -- Cognitive Emulation -- to help healthcare finance leaders build resilient organizations. Cognitive Emulation uses proprietary AI technology and machine learning algorithms to think the way a clinician thinks and emulate clinical judgement. This allows us to help nearly 500 hospitals quickly and accurately identify areas of potential opportunity to accelerate productivity, data accuracy, and financial return.
Our staff is a passionate group of healthcare professionals, data scientists, and technologists restless in the pursuit of improving our client’s experience and driving smarter healthcare.
That client base is growing rapidly and we need another talented, dedicated individual to help define our rich and productive user experiences.
What you’ll do
Accustomed to ambiguity and complexity, you’ll help fully understand and tame messy problem spaces. Conducting a discovery discussion is not a scary concept. You’ll jump at the opportunity to get feedback from real humans using your products.
You’ll think about system flow and understand how humans think and behave when accomplishing tasks with AI technology.
Interaction design is your wheelhouse. You will evangelize the value and best practices of design and cleverly assemble design concepts utilizing your familiarity with a wide range of interaction patterns for desktop and mobile applications.
You’re a highly collaborative thinker who is not shy about engaging a diverse set of clinicians and technologists. You will easily share your ideas through compelling words, mockups, and prototypes with various levels of fidelity.
Your goals include...
- Understanding needs and motivations
- Evangelizing both validations and insights
- Earning trust and driving behavior
- Improving outcomes
What you’ll need
- Contextual inquiries and shadowing
- Discovery workshops
- Usability tests
- Human-centered design principles
- Interaction design heuristics and universal patterns
- Design systems and frameworks
Ability to create...
- Research protocols, discussion guides
- Usability test plans and benchmarks
- User stories and personas
- Journey maps, process flows, and other diagrams
- Presentations of research findings and design concepts
- Low to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Detailed interaction and visual design specifications
- New components within an established design system
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, informatics, or equivalent 3-5 years industry related experience
- Ability to show previous work (e.g. mocks, case studies, portfolio, etc.)
- 2-4 years experience in user interface and interaction design
- Expertise with Sketch or equivalents (e.g. Figma, InVision, XD, or UXPin. etc.)
- Fluent in human-centered design principles
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis
Bonus points for...
- Experience with AI explainability & trust practices
- Mobile and responsive design process expertise
- Expertise with the interactive prototyping and design system management features of a design tool such as Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Use of design systems and frameworks such as Material Design and Vue
- Understanding of frontend development advancements and limitations (note: you will not be writing code in this role)
What you’ll get
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will have the opportunity to drive the strategy and direction of our product for our users. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about us at iodinesoftware.com