User Researcher at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
We are currently hiring a User Researcher that will help us discover user behavior, assess product performance, and validate product prototypes. If you are passionate about user empathy and love figuring out how to create relatable products, this role may be for you! We are looking for a User Researcher who appreciates understanding the role research can play in creating innovative and quality products!
In this role, you will collaborate across all of our platform teams on quantitative and qualitative research, user goals, marketplace dynamics, and consumer insights. You should understand analytics and human behavior equally, with a keen ability to gather insights from the research. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the growth of a leading brand.
What You’ll be Working on:
- Translate team goals into clear and appropriate research
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate research which helps them achieve their goals and keep the user top of mind.
- Workshop with teams to approach solving problems with fun, positivity, and boundless enthusiasm.
- Guide teams in heuristics and task analysis of existing user experiences, and make recommendations for improvements to user flows.
- Help define a user testing system that can adapt to a range of testing needs, from lightweight prototype assessment to longer-term analysis of cultural deep dives into user behavior.
- Coordinate and operationalize research effort across the organization
- Identify best practices, processes and tools to measure the impact of the user experience through qualitative and quantitative user research
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Must be passionate and willing to help build better products.
- Portfolio demonstrating prior user research work, methodology and deliverables (reports or key findings).
- Experience in two-sided marketplaces in e-commerce, dating apps or gig-economy a plus.
- Bachelors in HCDE, Human Factors, HCI or Cognitive Psychology.
- 3-6 years of applied experience in user research and with proven impact in a lead role lead.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).