At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Location: Austin or US Remote or Lisbon, PT
About the Role
As a Content Design Manager, you will lead and manage a team of passionate and talented content designers. As a hands-on management position reporting to the Director of Product Content, you will play an active role in the delivery of UX writing and content design commitments. You will always be looking for productivity and process improvements so the team is in the best position possible to succeed. You will also partner with stakeholders to accomplish collaborative goals for support and product content.
- Manage a world-class team of content designers and UX team members by actively building and retaining a strong team of diverse talent.
- Support a comprehensive product content strategy that positively impacts the customer experience, leading to improved engagement, satisfaction, and retention rates.
- Interface with leadership and cross-functional partners to ensure content alignment with voice and tone.
- Stay apprised of industry trends, competitor experiences, and the latest consumer research.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and develop holistic content strategies.
- Uses quantitative data (analytics, user surveys, etc.) to inform content design recommendations.
- Manage content design and UX writing improvement efforts.
- Create structure and process that optimizes performance, enhances workflows, promotes transparency, and increases productivity and impact.
- 2+ years of experience building and developing content design teams
- Previous experience in managing, mentoring, and training content designers or UX team members.
- Familiarity with content authoring and design tools (Figma, Contentful, Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across a company, its customers, and/or open-source communities.
- Strong interest and comfort with technical subject matter
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with content writing, storytelling, and UX writing
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.