UX Design Manager, Mobile at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your design skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why Procore is looking for a talented UX Design Manager to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a UX Designer Manager for the Mobile division, you’ll lead a group of designers partnering with Procore’s Product and Engineering teams to create delightful, effortless mobile experiences for the construction field workforce. You'll guide your team during their path from concept to polished product, helping them understand our users' needs and translating them into intuitive designs. As both a player and coach, you’ll primarily focus on team management and strategy while occasionally jumping in and rolling up your sleeves as necessary. To be successful in this role, you’ll not only have a track record of leading high-performing design teams, but you’re also a master of your craft and have a strong portfolio showcasing your work.
This position will be located in Austin, Texas and will report directly to our Director of Design. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Design Director to develop team strategy and shared vision
- Partner cross-functionally with fellow Design team members and our Product and Engineering teams to influence product direction and execution
- Manage and grow a team of 2-3 direct reports, hold weekly 1:1s, facilitating design and critique sessions (brainstorming, whiteboarding, wireframing), conduct performance reviews, and provide frequent feedback on ongoing work
- Present design updates to the team and external stakeholders, articulating design decisions and their corresponding business impact
- Support company initiatives by contributing as a designer (when needed), either to help push projects over the finish line or to help articulate a north star vision
- Be accountable for the output and quality of your team's work
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience designing world-class apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- 2+ years of hands-on UX leadership and people management experience
- Strong native mobile understanding for both iOS and Android platforms
- Proficiency with leading design software such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision
- Understanding of advanced prototyping tools and methods
- Knowledge of mobile and web design standards
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting to and evangelizing designs to cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- Passion for interaction design - we are looking for someone who constantly analyzes and obsesses over other product’s experiences
- Excellent visual design skills, typography, layout, and color usage
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) preferred in graphic design, HCI, UX, or a related area of study
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.