We are looking for a user experience designer with a strong background in visual design to join our RetailMeNot RxSaver team. RetailMeNot launched RxSaver to help people compare prices at nearby pharmacies and get coupons to save on their medications. We help people save up to 80% on their prescription medications - whether they have insurance or not!
In this crucial role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering creative solutions for both our users and our pharmacy partners. You will work closely with other designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers to iterate on existing products and develop new ideas.
You are a strong, well-rounded designer that is comfortable giving design direction and is able to confidently articulate how design solutions answer user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints. The work you do will be challenging, fun, and rewarding - enabling our users to interact with complex content in a low friction, high value experience. You will help craft the Rx Saver user experience across web and mobile platforms.
You will have autonomy to take risks, move fast, and execute bold experiments. With that freedom comes serious responsibility – you’ll commit to targets and find a way to reach them through persistent learning. This means you'll be involved in all aspects of the design process including user research, problem framing, interaction & visual design, and measurement of design effectiveness & usability. You will maintain compelling, coherent, memorable aesthetics across our products, and will always find ways to improve metrics to help define the brand.
Who You Are
- 3 or more years of human-centered design experience for both web and mobile products
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related experience
- Deep knowledge of typography, layout and composition, color theory, grid systems, animation, micro-interaction, illustration, and use of photography
- Experience in Agile design and development environments
- Proven experience demonstrating knowledge of browser/device capabilities, web standards, progressive enhancement, and responsive design techniques
- Excellent ability to listen to needs and respond with coherently presented design methods, explorations, and trade-off rationale to peers and executive partners
- Strong proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or other industry tools
- Experience with InVision, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Experience with user research methods is a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility principles
- Advanced understanding of web design standards, native mobile patterns and front-end frameworks
- A strong portfolio is required for consideration of this position
What You'll Do
- Build and iterate on a visual design language that reflects our brand
- Work directly with engineers to ensure consistent implementation of our visual style across platforms
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, advocate for the user, and discover new ways of approaching a problem to arrive at an elegant solution
- Develop a design rationale and explain visual design choices to cross-functional team; express concepts verbally and visually
- Produce high-quality design deliverables for desktop and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions
- Partner with design team members to scope project approach and estimate level of effort
- Maintain (and act upon) a deep understanding of how the affordances and constraints of different devices impact the user experience
- Demonstrate an inherent curiosity to learn
- Bring a modern, polished aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative, dynamic and agile environment
- Be able to give and take constructive feedback in a professional manner
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.