Love the idea of creating simple, intuitive apps to help Firefighters and First Responders fly drones to save lives? Join DroneSense to make a real difference by solving interesting UX and design challenges in a fun startup environment.
What would I be doing?
A typical day includes knocking a few cards off the Kanban board by creating a wireframe for a new flight control feature, jumping up to a whiteboard to brainstorm a new flow with a couple Engineers and a Co-Founder, and creating a prototype using InVision for a map-layer management capability, then helping one of the iOS, Android, or Web UI Engineers really fine-tune a screen before it's code-complete, heading outside to fly your latest design with one of our many drones to ensure the User Experience really works, and possibly doing a User Interview with a Firefighter about a new feature idea.
Would I be a good match for this position?
We're not really worried about your decades of experience and degrees -- we do want someone who has the skills and attitude to get the job done and add to our culture. To accomplish that we're looking for great people who:
- have created intuitive user experiences for real products.
- know how to design new screens, features, and enhancements, but can also refine existing designs.
- follow UX best practices using tools like wireframes, prototyping tools, and UX interaction diagrams.
- love working with Users, Product Management, or Engineers to define upcoming features.
- like to help UI Developers refine the final presentation of capabilities
- have a strong understanding of good Information Architecture and Design principles
- can communicate clearly with the rest of the team and our users
- like jumping in to learn new technologies
- know how to interview users to understand their real-world needsso we can incorporate the feedback into future designs
- have designed for Web apps and both native and responsive Mobile experiences
- like moving quickly to get features out and learn
- can work independently on the projects they own; but know when to grab a friend to whiteboard a better solution
- like working together as a team to solve complex challenges
It would also be great if you have worked with drones, done some product management, mentored other UX Designers and know how to share UX knowledge with Engineers. We also would appreciate if you have experience with video post-production, audio editing, or refining the style of presentation material.