UX Designer at Liquibase
We are Liquibase
Liquibase is an open-source tool and the name of our company. (We used to be called ‘Datical’ and love using the word ‘radical’. It rhymes!)
Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution.
Our mission is to transform the way businesses build software. Powered by open source innovation and supported by the experts who know it best, Liquibase is database schema change automation designed for high-speed CI/CD. We radically improve and simplify the application release process — starting with database schema change. Our solutions make developers’ lives better and deliver automation capabilities technology executives need. We remove database deployments as a barrier to delivering new application innovation.
Who we’re looking for:
Liquibase is looking for a user-focused experience designer with a passion for wireframing, prototyping, and modern SaaS UX design. In this role, you’ll get to apply your product UX and web design expertise to create delightful and impactful experiences for a mature startup based in Austin, TX.
This past year was spent laying the foundation for our corporate website and new SaaS offering, but we have a lot more to do. In 2021, we have a tremendous opportunity to improve the overall user experience for Liquibase prospects and customers, and we’re looking for a talented UX Designer to join our team to help us achieve our goals.
As a UX Designer at Liquibase, you’ll work closely with everyone: marketing, product managers, content teams, UI developers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to create meaningful experiences across our websites, web applications, and related command-line tools for our users worldwide (liquibase.com, Liquibase Hub - our SaaS app, Liquibase community site, and more). You will play a critical role in defining our design system across all of our digital properties. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to create cohesive and consistent user experiences from initial concept through production and iteration.
- Lead user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies to help come up with ideas
- Build Customer Journeys, User Flow Diagrams, Sitemaps, Wireframes, and High-Fidelity Mockups to present your ideas.
- Measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative testing.
- Create, manage, and own the design library, including documentation, guidelines, and related communications.
- Champion user-centric design and ensure user voices are heard in business and product conversations and decisions.
Your background and skill set:
- 5+ years of professional UX design experience
- Proven experience working alongside Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.) or related experience and a kickass portfolio.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
- Able to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation. Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
- Experience integrating the Design Process into an organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
- A portfolio of previously created assets (customer journeys, wireframes, mockups, graphics, css, html, js) that shows off your expertise
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture provides every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- You get to work on new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- You gain insight into how some of the world’s largest brands manage software teams and releases.
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company.
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company.
- Flexibility of remote work.
- Generous benefits.
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- No punks, No jerks.