Procore is looking for a UX Director, Head of Growth to drive acquisition and rapid growth for the business. You’ll work across the company to solve problems related to the customer lifecycle, increasing customer engagement through new and existing channels within the Procore product and our marketing ecosystem.
As UX Director, Head of Growth, you’ll oversee the experience of marketing-driven content with outcomes that drive organic traffic, new user signups, and ultimately total construction activity captured on the platform. You’ll work closely with other UX leaders to strengthen design processes and culture, promoting design thinking in every area of our organization. As a critical member of our UX team, you’ll bring a powerful combination of analytical capability, customer journey thinking, creativity, and digital marketing industry expertise. You’ll be deeply connected with and motivated by our vision to improve the lives of everyone in construction. If you’re interested in helping put Procore at the center of all things construction—apply today!
This position will report to our VP of UX and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S location or flexibly from our Carpinteria, California headquarters or Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product, Technology, and Marketing to establish and execute the growth vision and strategy to develop the customer lifecycle, managing the full performance funnel including lead acquisition, engagement, activation, customer retention, upsell, and creating a network for construction companies
- Build working relationships with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Lifecycle, User Acquisition, and Core Product teams to ensure our assets deliver meaningful, differentiated, on-brand messaging, that are optimized to drive consideration and conversion
- Serve as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process by leading with a design system centered approach to building experiences
- Balance design forward-thinking with approachability by designing easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience
- Analyze product performance, user preferences, market research, and competitive intel to develop an in-depth understanding of target customers and users to successfully scale Procore into appropriate markets and channels
- As a mentor and coach to designers, you will give and receive feedback that improves design outcomes and fosters learning. You will create the right circumstances and conditions for design to deliver value, and for individuals to create meaningful, career-defining work.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or master’s preferred in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience building and delivering successful B2B and/or Consumer products at scale.
- Prior design management experience in a Product Growth role or environment, with a track record of managing effective teams of 5+ UX Designers
- Hands-on experience with modern SEO techniques and experience seeding, collecting, managing, and leveraging user generated content (UGC) and/or content from third-party data sources to drive traffic.
- Ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business and design, setting meaningful goals and objectives for your team, while advocating for important design decisions to company leadership
- History of diving into the analytics of your work to help justify your hypothesis. Everything is an experiment.
- You have the ability to recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence.
- Strong example of a servant leader, deploying your team in a way that shares decision making, encourages ownership and autonomy, and drives engagement
- Deep understanding of user-centric problem solving, design thinking, and the full-cycle of the product development process. Your knowledge is rooted in experience as an expert practitioner of multiple design disciplines, which may include: service design, user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, visual design, research and others.
- Relentlessly focused on data and optimization while also being empathic and deeply passionate about connecting with our current and future customers
- Must have experience with modern interface design tooling including but not limited to Figma, Principle, Flinto, etc
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.