UX Product Designer
Do you love working with smart people? Are you passionate about designing enterprise software (and have lots of fun doing it?) Do you get a kick out of really amazing (cheesy) job descriptions? Fantastic! You could be the next great Product Designer at Lithium!
We all know, with great power comes great responsibility. You'll take ownership of a product area, and be involved in all parts of the UX process: from research and testing, to defining products and features, through delivery of UI designs for engineering. You'll help shape the user experience of a software platform that reaches 500 million people worldwide through more than 300 of the world's best brands. Plus, you'll join an empowered team of talented designers. Excited yet?
You’ll be expected to do insanely great things (we expect a lot!) Oh, and there are awesome benefits. Free lunches, food trucks, and a private onsite gym, anyone?
So, what is it you say… you’ll do here? Well, you’ll…
- Think strategically — considering business needs and user needs across customers
- Partner with product management to understand requirements and clarify use cases. With our powers combined, we will guide and execute on our roadmap!
- Advocate for our users and think from their perspective — get to know our customers (they’re the best) by meeting with them often to understand their deepest desires and pain points. Plus, peek over their shoulder to see how they work… contextual inquiry, y’all! (Fun fact: We’ve got a ton of great customers in many well-known, Global 1000 brands)
- Play for the team — actively listen, engage, and communicate clearly. Collaborate to creatively solve problems. Brainstorm, whiteboard, and iterate on solutions with your coworkers. Have strong ideas, loosely held (embrace the ideas of others — even if they conflict with your own)
- Work autonomously to map out user flows, wireframe persona-based scenarios, and craft intuitive interactions for complex use cases. Oh, and eventually deliver visual hi-fi mockups as a final hurdle
- Solicit qualitative design feedback and test designs early and often with both customers and internal stakeholders (buy-in will get you far; incorporating feedback will get you farther)
- Partner with engineering to implement designs — to the pixel. Hold design reviews early for them to understand requirements. Have checkpoints later to ensure they’re on the right track. Collaborate on solutions to achieve greatness (and get past technical limitations)
- Work across projects while you manage your time to stay ahead of engineering on tight deadlines — 2 week sprints and 6 week release cycles (we move fast!)
- Create engaging experiences that our users love, and don’t settle for good enough
- Conceptualize ideas for the future
- Communicate your designs effectively and clearly, backing them up with qualitative and quantitative data
- Have deep empathy for our customers and your coworkers
- Inspire others — everyone on our team is a leader in their own right
- Always be learning
- Always be improving (1% better every day)
The primary design tools in your arsenal…
- Your brain (design problems don’t solve themselves!)
- Pen + Paper
- Sketch App
Your background should include(ish)…
- Previous work in enterprise software, where you’ve partnered with PM + Engineering to deliver designs and ship real product (Real artists ship! RIP Steve)
- Mad skills with design applications such as Sketch + InVision (or other prototyping tools)
- College degree in a field such as HCI, UX, UI, Interactive Design, Computer Interactions, General Design, etc, etc, etc
- Enough knowledge of CSS/HTML plus an understanding of dev tools and processes to influence engineers and pixel push with the best of ‘em
Bonus points for…
- Quantitative research know-how, and experience with tools such as Pendo.io
- Mobile design experience (for both native iOS and Android apps)
- Analytics and Data Visualization design experience
Whew! And that’s it. We’re not saying it’s easy, but if you’re up for your next great challenge, what are you waiting for?? Come join our kickass team!