UX Researcher II at Expedia Group
UX Researcher II
Are you interested in working at the intersection of customer experience and Natural Language Processing? This could be the role for you!
Expedia Group (EG) is building the Travel Platform to bring the world within reach for millions of customers. As part of this, we are building EG's Conversation Platform, which automates the most complicated travel journeys and intelligently connects travelers, suppliers, and customer service agents. Our Chatbots use AI to learn new capabilities and continuously improve through network effects.
Along with our traveler facing tools and chatbots, a large part of the Conversation Platform is developing a means for internal and external partners to build and configure applications on top of the platform, as well as understanding how well their products are performing through analytics. As a User Experience Researcher, you will carry out research within a fast paced environment, working to deliver valuable insights, both qualitative and quantitative, as well as lab and remote usability testing.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product and UX teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present meaningful insights.
- Conduct a wide range of research studies with minimal supervision.
- Learn and gain mastery in additional research techniques.
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints.
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus.
- Consolidate research findings into a concise, meaningful story for design and product teams.
- Present your methods and rationale to peers, team partners, product partners and UX leadership.
- Estimate work effort and define needed what you need to deliver.
- Manage multiple projects and strike the balance between being agile and performing deep investigations.
Who you are:
- Competent with at least several of the following techniques (lab usability, remote usability, biometrics, survey, interviews, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, etc.) and learning the relevant technologies and tools
- Familiar with experimental design; able to conduct scientifically rigorous data collection and test protocols
- Able to communicate research results in a clear and professional manner
- Aware of the strengths and weaknesses (trade-offs) of competing research approaches
- Pursues alternative approaches to solving problems
- Conducts retrospective evaluation of the success/failures of past efforts and learns from it
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or equivalent work experience
- 0-1 years related professional experience. Coursework examples of research can be considered. 2+ years related professional experience if no advanced degree
- Portfolio: Strong portfolio that reflects sufficient breadth and depth of research expertise. Must demonstrate independent execution of research activities
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.