Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Sysco LABS is growing fast, and we're searching for a creative and passionate UX Researcher to join our team in Austin. Are you excited to innovate on a remarkable user experience and products that are already changing foodservice? If so, Sysco LABS is an excellent place for you to work, to experiment, and to learn.
About the Role
You will develop and implement the user experience research component of re-imagining the digital customer experience for Sysco's +400,000 customers. This experience will also touch the millions of end consumers at restaurants as well as tens of thousands of Sysco employees. While driving your research findings into new features and products you will also be responsible for benchmarking against the competition and setting research standards.
The successful candidate will display a breadth of knowledge of researchmethods, attention to detail, flexibility to respond quickly to changing businessneeds, priorities, and timelines, and a demonstrated track record of completingquality research projects on time. Experience working in the hospitality or foodservice industry is a plus.
- Clarify research goals based on input from Product, Engineering and Design teams.
- Develop strategies to answer research questions with limited design research protocols and prepare research plans.
- Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, and lab preparation.
- Create research materials as necessary.
- Establish and socialize success criteria for projects.
- Establish achievable schedules and manage to them.
- Regularly communicate status of projects to business stakeholders.
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses. Prepare initial results andshare with key stakeholders.
- Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and technologists.
- Strategize with stakeholders on how to act on research findings.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in user research, user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, and human factors within a consultative or corporate environment.
- Extensive experience in methodologies for uncovering user needs andproduct opportunities.
- A background in ethnography and cognitive science methods is helpful.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Masters degree in a related area; a PhD is a strong advantage
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.