UX Technical Writer
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
As a UX Technical Writer, you will work closely with Datical’s Product Team to write clear, concise, and useful content.
This position is responsible for users after they have purchased our product. Your primary task is to make sure every step of the user-flow facilitates their needs and makes their experience with the product a positive one.
You will empathize with our customers by harmonizing details with clarity and warmth to make our content more welcoming. You will think hard about what your users feel and want at each step of their journey. You will guide them and be invisible at the same time. As a highly-skilled, collaborative writer, you will be able to switch gears with ease. As a self-directed, fast learner, you will be a pro at managing your own workload.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with our product team to understand requirements from a customer perspective
- Working with our product team to write high-level documentation as a component of requirements with the goal of bringing new features to life
- Telling the story from a customer point of view – what the feature is, why it’s important, and how it will improve customers’ lives
- Working with Development and QA as features get completed to add the next layer of reference documentation and working examples that make it easy for customers to configure and use our new capabilities
- Help Datical expand beyond our written documentation into online training and other self-service enablement
What we’re looking for:
- A portfolio of writing samples that exemplify your abilities as a UX Technical Writer
- 3-5 years of experience writing technical documentation for user experience
- Experience writing for a technical audience – Developers, DBAs and DevOps Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Interface or Instructional Design, Computer Science, or related field preferred, with 4 years of experience writing UX copy for technical, procedural, and conceptual materials; or equivalent education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Experience with Confluence, Jive, or another collaborative wiki authoring platform
- Experience with different documentation/content frameworks
- Experience with database products, especially Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with the software development process and DevOps
- Experience with enterprise management products
Why You'll Like Working Here:
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Get an inside look into how some of the worlds largest brands and companies manage their software teams and releases
- A transparent and collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- No punks, No jerks
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company
- Rich benefits package with generous medical allowance and company paid long- and short-term disability
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Weekly company all-hands with lunch!
- Casual dress code
- Subsidized Gold's Gym membership (Gold's gym is within walking distance of us!)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks