UX UI DESIGNER at MOBLIZE
We're currently looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic designer to join our Product team. We're looking for a UX/UI Designer to help our product reach the next level. This is a collaborative, cross-functional role that will work with product management and the development team to design and enhance the user experience of drilling engineers using the PROMT platform.
You will make an impact at Moblize by creating visual artifacts and design mockups as part of our engineering work cycle, leading to better internal alignment and better end-user experiences.
You'll also have critical input at every stage of the development process. To start, you'll work with product owners and users to inform features and craft experiences. After features are defined, you'll work closely with product management on early wireframes and specs. Later, during the implementation phase, you will team up closely with engineering team members for fine-tuning designs, creating assets, and awesomeifying (yup, it's a word) experiences.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Design interfaces and interactions for the product
- Create visual artifacts (wireframes) to guide engineering in implementing new features
- Create User Interface screen mock ups
- Create UI screens with usability, accessibility, and user experience
- Elicit UI design specifications for the developers on the project
- Advocating for the user from an ease of use and intuitive learning perspective
Some specifics include:
- Partner directly with product managers to learn through research what customers need
- Make a design impact across the entire product experience
What You Bring To The Table
- BA/BS or commensurate experience
- 9+ years of UX/UI designer experience
- Tools: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Indesign, Adobe CC, Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract etc.
- Skills: User Interface Design, UCD, Usability, Web Design, Atomic Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Web Development, Dashboard Design, UI/UX Design, Front End UI Design, Mobile Application UI Design, Tablet UI Design, iPad / Android UI Design, Responsive Design, Design Pattern and Ext JS Theming
- Fully cycle design experience including user research, testing, wire-framing, rapid iterations, prototyping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Visual design chops
- Product Strategy & User Research: Facilitate user interviews and usability testing, writing surveys and create personas. Use qualitative Research Methodologies to uncover user wants and needs. Impact early product development through discovery and concept validation research
- Planning: Actively participate in requirement gathering, analysis, project roadmap, brain storming sessions with stakeholders and product owners. Assist with planning of small and large product improvements and releases. Plan and execute in person and phone interviews, ethnography and co-design sessions.
- Features and Epics: Provide reusable and scalable UI components, widgets, layouts, templates, sitemap, and navigational patterns to enhance rich UI for existing and new features
- Design Challenges: Provide proven solution and best practices for development team to avoid risk and mitigate browser compatibility and responsive design issues
- Team Collaboration and Transparency: Increase collaboration and communication between Product, UX/UI, Development and QA team by being the go to person. Do knowledge transfer and hold Q&A sessions to ensure that product and UX/UI requirements are understood by the Development and QA teams. Implement formal design reviews, create best practices around documentation and specification.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience developing with Drupal and/or Wordpress
Cool Stuff You'll Get in Return
We have all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a high-tech company, but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
In addition, Moblize's Engineering team contributes to many cool projects. Please visit our company website www.moblize.com for details of our mission.
*Moblize complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Visa sponsorship is not available at this time
Seniority Level - Design