UX/UI Designer - Marketing Web Experience at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What’s unique about this role is you’ll be a dedicated member of Cloudflare’s Brand Design team - while also being deeply embedded within our Web Experience team. Both the Brand Design and Web Experience teams are part of Cloudflare’s global marketing organization.
The Web Experience group consists of user experience designers, product managers, and engineers who love to collaborate and solve large-scale problems. Together, we craft the user experience of our marketing-owned web properties visited by millions of people daily.
What we’re looking for
You’re committed to delivering thoughtful, accessible, and user-focused design solutions end-to-end. You meet challenges head on and are motivated to flex your design skills including research, wire framing, interaction, and visual design through to prototyping and usability testing. Furthermore, you lead with empathy and understand the importance of working collaboratively to get your work across the finish line.
We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to join our team and help us take our web properties to the next level.
Where you’ll make an impact
- Contribute to UX strategy to up level how we communicate value to our customers.
- Collaborate with product marketing managers, web experience managers, and engineers to craft and ship useful, delightful experiences based on business objectives and user needs and insights.
- Help us scale our web design system by contributing to components, UI patterns, and documentation.
- Participate in design reviews and present on what you have learned to other design and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Contribute to process and documentation that helps the design team grow our skills and scale our practice.
- Mentor and inspire teammates, as well as manage up to push the quality of design and user experience across our web properties.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Consistently owned large-scale projects with minimal supervision; designing end-to-end experiences at a tech, product-driven company.
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of users’ needs.
- Keen understanding of design principles, user-centered design methods, and design processes; designs with a performance and accessibility-first mindset.
- Strong communication and visual design skills with a deep understanding of the formal elements of design, such as typography, layout, and information hierarchy.
- Portfolio demonstrating applied knowledge of user-centered design, with samples that include flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and design prototypes.
- Possess strong business acumen along with written and verbal communication skills: able to frame problems clearly, bring in original ideas and approaches to solving them and persuasively communicate the most compelling solutions.
- Applicable working experience in either UX/UI, product, or visual design.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.