Visual Designer - Marketing Team
About the Position: Rev is looking for a Visual Designer to join our growing marketing team. As our first full-time marketing designer, you’ll have the opportunity to shape Rev’s visual identity. We’re currently undergoing a website redesign, and will be looking to give all of our marketing and sales materials, landing pages, ads and other visuals an update.
Who we’re looking for: You’re just as comfortable designing landing pages that convert visitors into customers as you are creating Facebook ads that capture people’s attention. Attention to detail, strong design and layout skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously are a must.
What you’ll do: You will own the visual strategy for marketing. You’ll design landing pages, display ads, graphics to use on social media platforms, email templates, infographics, eBooks and various other marketing collateral. Aside from the marketing team, you’ll also work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and our UX design team.
This position reports to our Director of Marketing.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into cohesive, eye-catching digital campaigns that are clear, compelling, and effectively drive results based on our KPIs.
- Design a variety of marketing assets including digital ads, landing page designs, site graphics, social media graphics, printed collateral, event graphics, and more.
- Be able to multitask between various projects and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to the evolution of the website design, customer experience, and brand story.
- Be an informed and vocal advocate of great design and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic/Web Design, Visual Communications or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a design position in-house or in an agency
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS
- Experience designing digital content including ads (rich media display ads, carousels, GIFs, etc.), eBooks/guides, infographics and landing pages that drive business results.
- Fundamental understanding of design principles, with strong knowledge of typography, layout, and image composition.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex concepts into persuasive, visual storytelling.
- Capable of handling multiple projects across all phases of execution with excellent attention to detail
- Can work collaboratively with a team and independently
- Self-starter and desire to work with an agile, fast-paced team
- $100 in Uber credit every month.
- Unlimited PTO and ability to work from home.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks. Free lunch every Friday.
- Team building events like baseball games, happy hours and team trips.
- A generous budget to create your own workstation.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k plan
Rev is a marketplace for remote work made up of a large network of 20,000 freelancers (aka Revvers) that provide services to our 100,000+ customers around the world including companies like Amazon, Google, Buzzfeed and more. Our goal is to create 100,000 work-from-home jobs by 2020, and we are looking for ambitious professionals to help us get there.
Started by MIT engineers in 2010, Rev has raised capital from Silicon Valley VC’s. We have 85 employees (and growing) with offices in San Francisco and Austin. Sales are growing fast, and we reached profitability in 2017. We like to hire people that are intelligent, humble, high achievers and are eager to advance their careers. You’ll be measured on your impact rather than your effort.
Today, we offer four services and we will launch more in the next few years. Our initial offerings are audio transcription, video captions, document translation, and mobile on-demand math tutoring. What the verticals have in common is the work can be done anywhere, and software can transform them, via marketplace methods, productivity improvements, and machine learning. We believe many types of work can be done remotely, and we have a game plan to change more of them in the years to come.