BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a talented Visual Designer to join our team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices. You feel passionately that Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Partner directly with requesters to deliver on-brand, high-quality content and assets.
- Work proficiently in industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe, InVision, etc.)
- Create pixel perfect output for mid-market and partner campaigns, which include a variety of mediums (banner ads, whitepapers, landing pages, social media ad campaigns, etc.)
- Create pixel perfect output in relation to digital ads, social campaigns, landing pages, tradeshow environmentals, and various collateral, etc.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Advocate for and help nurture high-performing brand and content guidelines.
- Take full ownership of your work, including meeting deadlines, managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team on conceptual ideas in brainstorming sessions.
- Work closely with an Art Director, taking direction and feedback when necessary.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of design experience working with a marketing team, preferably with a product or software company.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email. (Experience in print publication is a plus. Specific experience required will vary depending on level.)
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, PowerPoint, Keynote, and JIRA; experience with Craft, Marketo, and other online publication tools is a plus
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of mobile and internationalization is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.