You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and help establish a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Lux Capital.
We're looking for a Visual Designer with 2 or more years of multi-disciplinary design experience. This person recognizes the power design has in communicating a larger story, and can balance the nuances of the details with the mission of the big picture. You'll help develop and implement our visual style, and will be encouraged to build conceptual explorations, establish design solutions, express design thinking, and ensure successful implementation of design from strategy and concept through production. You're comfortable tackling efforts solo or working in groups, be it exploring layouts, partnering with a writer or brainstorming with a larger team. You are very organized and can meet multiple rigorous deadlines. Fast-paced environments don't phase you - in fact, you thrive in them. You know the best ideas are created through collaboration and iteration, which is exactly why you're looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your design experience. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Senior Product Designer.
What You’ll Do:
- Design a variety of high-quality visuals and layouts to support New Knowledge’s communications across a variety of channels, including marketing campaigns, web, digital product, video content, email, events, presentations and printed collateral
- Collaborate closely with our Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to help expand our business and evolve the New Knowledge brand.
- Ensure that quality and brand standards are maintained throughout the entire creative process.
- Manage work timelines effectively across multiple projects.
- Present work to internal partners that consistently meets, or exceeds, expectations.
- Iterate and edit design work based on team feedback.
- Act as a supporting role for other designers on the team.
- Continually push creative standards forward.
- Learn new software and techniques to grow your skill set.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
What You Have:
- Over 2 years of relevant multi-disciplinary design experience.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communication design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A varied and robust portfolio of past work that demonstrates success in creating engaging interactive, print and results-focused visual designs.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), experience with Sketch is a plus.
- Strong foundation in visual design (illustration, animation, video, iconography, typography, layout, etc.) and the ability to apply them in interactive contexts.
- Motivation to work autonomously and in partnership with content writers, designers and project partners.
- Proven writing abilities and experience with user interface design are a plus.
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!