Visual Designer at H-E-B
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
What is the opportunity?
You're someone who has a deep passion for visual design, typography, and brand consistency across many media formats. You understand and can articulate the value that design brings to the table. You enjoy expanding upon an existing brand voice and charting a new aesthetic path. As a Visual Designer, you will establish and maintain consistent branding across H-E-B Digital touch points, including:
- Collaborating across teams to create content for digital.heb.com.
- Owning and executing all design collateral for digital.heb.com and its ensuing channels.
- Work with our recruiting team to design world-class candidate experiences.
- Support event design (signage, decks, video, etc) for H-E-B Digital’s All-Hands conferences.
- Presentation design for an audience of H-E-B’s senior leadership and 115,000+ H-E-B Partners.
- Art direction of brand-focused photography and video work.
- Quarterly swag updates for our partners - clothes, posters, stickers, etc.
- Aiding the product design team on illustration, iconography, photoshoots, etc.
- Collaborate with a killer team of writers and producers to create next-level content for H-E-B Digital.
Why is it awesome? You will..
- Help build and apply digital brand styles, standards and processes across the H-E-B Digital organization
- Have the freedom to define how the brand design process operates at H-E-B Digital
- Make a large impact as part of a growing, fast-moving team.
- Have huge opportunity for growth. H-E-B Digital is growing, creating exceptional career paths for exceptional product & design talent
- Be surrounded by top talent; we constantly raise the bar, and all get better along the way
What is your background?
- Killer portfolio, ideally including strong typography skills and illustration work
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a visual design role
- Conceptual thinking at both the premise and execution levels
- Art direction and design skills with an eye for details big and small
- Expert with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Production experience – broadcast, print, digital
- Ability to express ideas compellingly, clearly and concisely
- Comfort collaborating across disciplines
- Openness and responsiveness to critique
- Willingness to stand up for work you believe in
- Nice-to-have: video editing experience
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
- Enthusiasm for H-E-B values and the H-E-B Digital mission
- A deep understanding of how different connected devices impact user experience, and how user experiences lace together across different platforms
- Different gears for different challenges—ability to quickly and smoothly transition from concepts and ideation to detailed execution
- Can see the forest through the trees—you find simple solutions for complex problems
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures
- High comfort level with “lean startup” or Agile development methodologies
- Firm believer in the power of design thinking and the energy to evangelize it within the company
- Always on top of the latest technologies and industry trends