BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a talented Visual Designer to join our team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices.
You feel passionately that Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Partner directly with requesters to deliver on-brand, high-quality content and assets.
- Work proficiently in industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Principle, etc.).
- Create pixel perfect output for mid-market and partner campaigns and materials, which include a variety of mediums including: banner ads, whitepapers, infographics, landing pages, social assets, etc.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Contribute to and help define our high-performing brand and content guidelines.
- Take full ownership of your work, including meeting deadlines, managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team on conceptual ideas in brainstorming sessions. Work closely with an Art Director, taking direction and feedback when necessary.
- Ability to produce low and high fidelity storyboards for video content.
- Experience with AfterEffects and motion graphics a plus.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of design experience working with a marketing team. Preferably with a product or software company.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email. Experience in print publication is a plus. Specific experience required will vary depending on level.
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, PowerPoint, Keynote, and JIRA. Experience with Craft, Marketo, and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of mobile and internationalization is a plus.
- A systems thinker. You quickly embrace and align to guidelines, understanding their application across channels for the entire customer lifecycle.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Team -player. You're a people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome. Constantly learning and looking for ways to improve your toolkit.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.