Dev Ops Engineer
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with the Hosting Operations and Development organizations to build a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and elastic. The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in increasing customer uptime, reducing opportunities for human error, and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction with the platform by developing tools that are easy to use and execute flawlessly.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have experience with various automation technologies, be proficient with multiple coding languages, and have a passion for creative problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute automation to maintain deployments across multiple datacenters and environments.
- Maintain product release automation used to deploy updates to Accruent software in their hosted and cloud environments
- Work closely with architects and developers to create automation that saves the organization time and money
- Monitor automation for deployments and other maintenance tasks to detect and correct issues, bottlenecks, and performance problems
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with various teams to understand and solve common roadblocks
- Build out new internal environments to be used by Dev, QA, Support, Services, and Sales
- Release code to Production and non-production environments.
- Create and maintain documentation of all automation in Accruent environments
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: Humility, Integrity, Drive to Excellence, Results Orientation, Winning Attitude, and Grit
- Maintain the continuous delivery pipeline for Accruent’s enterprise software applications.
- Troubleshoot CI/CD issues such as broken builds, failed test suites, and failed deployments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/MIS or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of hands-on administration experience for SaaS software and databases or Software Development.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with development operations and release automation
- Proficiency with Linux and Oracle technologies
- Proficiency with Windows Server and IIS application server administration
- Proficiency with BASH, PowerShell, Batch scripting
- Proficiency with Deployment Tools (Octopus, Capistrano, Code Deploy)
- Experience Administering DVCS technologies (Git, mercurial)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Team City, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with IaaS (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with relational and document database technologies (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Software Monitoring Tools (AppDynamics, New Relic, ELK Stack)
- Experience with Octopus deployment tool
- Experience with Git
- Experience with TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with the application development lifecycle and release management technologies
- Experience with administration of Linux server environments
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development processes
Accruent helps real estate and facilities leaders deliver long-term, world-class operational and financial performance through industry-specific suites that deliver greater customer value. Accruent’s solutions are at work in more than 5,400 leading organizations worldwide, including 40 percent of the top 100 retailers, 20 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the leading universities, all of the top 4 U.S. wireless carriers, 55 percent of U.S. hospitals, and leading service providers managing more than 4 billion square feet of property. Founded in 1995, Accruent is headquartered in Austin with U.S. offices in Santa Monica, Evanston, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis and Boston. Outside of the U.S., Accruent has offices in Vancouver, BC; Burnaby, BC; Calgary, AB; Vaughan, ON; Reading, UK and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check. #LI-LB