DevOps Security Engineer
NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity, empowering enterprises by providing relevant information to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Our unmatched and well-respected foundation in security testing, along with our enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for our CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform, an advanced platform that substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and objective risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls and take timely action to mitigate threats to their Operating Systems and applications. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and SOC and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
NSS Labs is currently seeking a DevOPS Security Engineer in Austin, Texas to interact directly with vendors for wide range of cyber security products. This position works closely with many functions within the company to develop new processes, build out, and maintain new test environments. The DevOPS SE will be responsible for ongoing configuration, operations, audits live cyber security exploit testing environment.
- Vendor engagements to setup and maintain cyber security products in a live exploit testing environment.
- Communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Engage with and support enterprise clients to ensure the use cases and testing represent the challenges faced in product deployment
- Build out test environments, install systems and products
- Review test harness and Software Requirements Specification (SRS) documents
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of virtualization technology
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with security technology, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics
- Expert troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills, including IPv6
- Knowledge of RFC standards, specifically RFC 2544 and RFC 5180, and how they apply to networked devices
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
- Good knowledge of network device performance testing
- Good knowledge of network security device design
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working with third-party vendors
- Software development background
- Good understanding of security software testing
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.)
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.