Director of Product Management
WP Engine is seeking a Senior Manager for its Product Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers as they define, create, and deliver new products at WP Engine.
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
This person will be the leader and primary strategist for a portfolio of product lines, each with their own roadmap and development team(s). We're looking for someone who has demonstrated excellence in leading high performing teams and a track record of strategic innovation and strong execution with Agile development teams.
If this sounds like your experience and abilities as a leader in high performing Product Management organizations, we encourage you to apply and start a conversation with us about this opportunity!
THE DAY TO DAY
Successful candidates will have a passion for the voice of the customer. They will contribute heavily to our product strategy, demonstrating an ability to synthesize market analysis, competitive landscapes, partner ecosystems, financial metrics and business models. Additionally, they will be willing to dream big, aim high, and fail fast.
This person will have an ability to inspire and lead teams to operate in a test-and-learn iterative approach. They will also have a track record of developing talent on their teams to create upward mobility and career growth for their team members. This person will have strong executive communication skills and a keen ability to communicate complicated technology issues in the simplest terms of business and customer impact to a wide variety of stakeholders. They will be a coach and leader on the floor when it comes to Agile development best practices.
- Lead by example in living our Core Values.
- Inspire your team to do the best work of their careers in a team environment with high trust, no fear of conflict, commitment, accountability, and attention to results.
- Practice servant leadership and be there to support each of your Product Managers as a person to be inspired and led, not as a resource to be managed.
- Drive results via comprehensive performance management: hiring, training and retaining the best talent; setting aggressively realistic objectives; and active coaching.
- Build strong relationships with leaders throughout other departments at WP Engine to ensure a "one team" mindset as we continue to grow and scale the business.
- Identify ideas for new products and features through innovative and strategic insights born from a deep understanding of our markets and customers. Maximize customer value and business impact by ensuring the team is focused on shipping the right product to users.
- Design and implement methodologies and processes that lead to operational excellence.
- Ensure the quality of decisions and deliverables across the analysis, discovery, development, release and go-to-market activities within your team's product portfolio.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of product releases across multiple teams.
- Connect and raise awareness around your team's product roadmap(s) through active and ongoing communication with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Demonstrate Agile/Scrum coaching competency.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- Experience with increasing responsibility in a leadership role in Product Management.
- Experience working for a Saas, or Enterprise Software company.
- Strong track record of building high-performing teams and developing talent with high growth potential.
- Proven track record in launching new products/services.
- Experience managing projects within an Agile framework.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount