Android Applications Developer
OutboundEngine is looking for an Android Developer for the OutboundEngine Mobile app. You'll need to blend creativity and delight into our Mobile experience while balancing best practices from the industry into everything you do.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
Are you an experienced Android developer? Want to help us take our mobile strategy to the Android Stack solving real-world problems? As a Senior Android Developer at OutboundEngine, you'll play a key role in our mobile engineering team, developing new features, having fun and making our products more awesome. You'll also have the opportunity to work on new projects from concept through implementation.
- Develop and own our android application starting from the very beginning.
- Work with Product Management and User Experience to develop effective designs
- Collaborate with back-end application developers to design and refine APIs for sending and retrieving data to and from the mobile application.
- Provide subject matter expertise on mobile design practices, from experience to stability and performance. Mobile is different, and you need to know why and be able to drive a viewpoint.
- Develop and maintain test frameworks and interactive testing, including working with beta testers.
- Instrument with analytics to understand and communicate usage and adoption models of the app.
- Fix bugs as soon as they rise, with extreme prejudice.
- Practical knowledge Java (+ Android SDK)
- At least 3 years of software development experience for Android or iOS
- At least one completed app in Google Play -- include the links in your resume or cover letter
- A strong understanding of the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal
- Good understanding of OOP, concurrency, synchronization, memory management and all other little things which make software development complicated
- Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- Self-motivated and passionate attitude
- Attention to detail, urge to create beautiful things
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field required
- 4+ years related experience required.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.