Android Developer at H-E-B
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
DO YOU CODE WELL WITH OTHERS?
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a passion for working with others to help accomplish their vision?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... an ability to leverage technology to produce big-picture solutions?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a relentless drive for finding the best answer? a desire to see a project through to the end?
- a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- programming and research skills
- abilities in analytics, time-management, communication, and coaching
What is the work?
- Leverages CoE-approved languages and development tools to communicate with end users, gather requirements, code / configure, maintain, test, and debug modifications to existing applications of basic to medium complexity, or executes the same in the development of new applications.
- Leads the development of detailed specifications.
- Leads research and fact-finding efforts needed to develop or modify information systems of basic to medium complexity.
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity; works with software vendors as needed.
- Serves as technical lead on projects, enhancements, and initiatives of basic to medium complexity.
- Provides work breakdown structures, cost, and resource estimates.
- Leads software development efforts (coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging), managing timelines, and technical documentation.
- Identifies, defines, and designs non-functional requirements into solution design, and ensuring implementation.
- Creates / contributes to system and application designs.
- Uses / contributes to the refinement of CoE-related tools, standards, and training.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced Partners
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership
The Senior Developer is the entry-level job grade for System Administrator. The work:
- Supports enterprise-class applications (those that support a major business function)
- Performs bare metal installation of applications and configures per H-E-B's needs
- Manages all SDLC efforts around bug fixes / enhancements (requirements through deployment), including working with application vendors or (as applications permit) coding / configuring the applications
- Resolves all production support issues, including working with application vendors
- Serves as the applications' technical and functional expert, including having a detailed understanding of the applications' underlying data
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 6 - 9 years of development experience
- Experience in leading the development phases of the Software Development Life Cycle on typical projects (development, integration, and test and implementation)
- Experience in multiple development platforms (client / server, browser, mobile, package, etc.), and knowledge of their unique constraints in order to meet their non-functional requirements
- Proficiency in System administration of at least one enterprise-class application suite
- Highly skilled in at least one CoE-approved programming language and platform
- Great interpersonal / communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to create and contribute to system / application design
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours