FloSports is seeking an extraordinary Android Engineer who wants contribute to the continued development of our Android app. We’re building the future of Live Streaming & VOD OTT consumer experiences for millions of fans. Our team is dedicated to continuously improving the capabilities and performance of our mobile, web, and TV applications. This position will report to the Apps Engineering Manager.
We are open to fully remote candidates.
- Work closely with other developers to develop and maintain the FloSports Android app
- Work in an Scrum based Agile team to deliver all Sprint work as a team
- Coordinate with product, design, and other development teams to deliver an app that our customers will love
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience (3+ years)
- Strong experience with the Android platform
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise in modern Android development (i.e. RxJava, Kotlin, Dagger, Clean Architecture, etc.)
- Experience building consumer Android Applications.
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Willingness to help all team members to ensure entire team success
- Ability or interest to contribute to other platforms is strongly PREFERRED
- HLS streaming experience is a PLUS
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment