Application Engineer - Endpoint
As an Application Engineer in our Endpoint team you will write code to test our services for functionality and to improve application stability. You’ll create and automate environments to verify software works across a wide variety of customer applications and software versions, to aid in our goal of making security easy for our users. You will do this in an environment where continuous integration is in place and code is actually released every two weeks.
You will work with the development team to develop fixes for issues, refactor and improve existing code, and to develop solutions which improve our overall ability to deliver working software faster.
You will work with mobile apps, backend Linux services, Python scripts, Mac and Windows applications, and SAAS products, thus growing the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
What you’ll do…
- You’ll be the support face of our development team
- You will ensure that issues are received, recorded, and repaired or escalated in a rapid, efficient manner
- Act as a primary support contact to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Answer technical inquiries, then verify & resolve technical problems
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
- Implement fully automated environments for testing applications across a range of products and software versions.
- Improve our application stability and scalability
- Write code to improve our development lifecycle
Skills you have…
- 1 - 2 years experience in a customer-facing product support role
- 1 - 2 years of software development or 2 - 3 years of automated testing experience
- Fundamental or methodical problem solver
- Strong network troubleshooting background
- Understanding of principle web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Windows OS administration experience [Active Directory]
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [iOS/Android/Windows Phone]
- Proactive, energetic, concise, patient, and customer-centric
- Follows through. Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution
- Unquenchable thirst for constant learning
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance and customer self-service
- Welcomes and adapts to change in a swiftly paced workplace
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with enterprise-level technologies [Cisco, Citrix, Juniper, VMware, etc.]
- Advanced scripting skills [BASH, Python, Powershell, etc.]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Certifications are cool, too!
Reasons why you should apply…
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- You prefer trying and failing rather than getting it perfect the first time
- You are passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- You have impeccable communication - both verbal and written
- You love solving difficult problems
This job may not be for you if...
- Working for a company in hyper growth, where change is a constant, isn’t something you are ready to embrace
- If you prefer to work on your own (we are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.