Application Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
As a Technical Consultant within our Professional Services Application Engineering team, you are essential to our customers’ success by designing and implementing Khoros' solutions optimally for their needs. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for: understanding customer goals and guiding them to appropriate technical solutions; designing, implementing, and overseeing the development of these solutions; contributing to pre-sales efforts (feasibility, scoping, analysis, estimation); working with colleagues, as needed, throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
- Working with customer to understand goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; scoping, estimating, architecting, then designing and implementing custom features or integrations to Khoros' core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Overseeing the delivery of projects from a technical standpoint with the goal that the completed implementation adheres to the intended design and properly addresses the business requirements
- Leading the technical track of a project and delegating project tasks to other engineers; collaborating with other engineers solve technical problems and unblock project tasks; executing code reviews
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person, on Khoros’ product APIs and customization best practices
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- Graduate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years experience in a technical consulting role or similar position
- 3+ years professional experience authoring code in Java 7 (or newer) and Java frameworks
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial); additional languages a plus
- Confidence in your presentation skills – ability to capture attention and deliver key messages in a variety of contexts (small groups to larger audiences)
- Professional experience with:
- Feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) patterns and templating languages (e.g. FreeMarker, Velocity, XSLT)
- Integrating external web services including REST and SOAP
- Implementing software root cause analysis procedures; ability to diagnose problems in complex technology environments
- Hands-on experience with SSO and AWS a plus