At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations - creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
As an Engineer within our Professional Services Application Engineering team, you are an expert, implementing Khoros back-end customizations for our customers. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for: understanding customer goals and implementing appropriate technical solutions; communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical customers; working with colleagues throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
- Working with customer to understand goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; implementing, testing, documenting, deploying, and supporting custom features or integrations to Khoros' core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person, on Khoros' product APIs and customization best practices
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- Collaborating with and helping colleagues solve technical problems
- Graduate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years professional experience authoring code in Java 7 (or newer) and Java frameworks
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial); additional languages a plus
- Professional experience with:
- Feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) patterns and templating languages (e.g. FreeMarker, Velocity, XSLT)
- Integrating external web services including REST and SOAP
- Implementing software root cause analysis procedures; ability to diagnose problems in complex technology environments
- Hands-on experience with SSO and AWS a plus
- Travel up to 20% may be required
This role is budgeted in the $90,000 - $100,000 base salary range. Salary will ultimately be based on a candidate's experience and external market factors.