Applications Development Manager at DISCO
DISCO is looking for a talented Applications Development Manager to lead our SaaS applications function within Business Technology. We are looking for an experienced individual with a passion for solving business problems with software who isn’t afraid of a challenge. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to build cross-departmental relationships.
The Applications Development Manager’s role is to supervise, develop, and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Applications Manager is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
What You’ll Be Doing
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to the pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
Who You Are
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the skills to deal with ambiguity.
- Certification in Salesforce Administration
- 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Salesforce, Netsuite, and Workday.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Even Better If You Have…
- A Masters degree in a technical field, or a MBA.
- Software company experience.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.