Architect-Technical at Ascension
Location: St. Louis, MO
Dept: Information Systems
What You Will Do
Provide technical leadership in the program planning, design and architect phases of solution development for network based systems. Provide technical expertise and direction for the development of complex technology solutions.
- Create national standards for the Ascension in-building cellular service program
- Manage national level program to coordinate the planning, budgeting, and implementation of cellular services at Ascension Ministries
- Develop a low voltage program for new construction projects and provide construction project oversight to ensure architectural design standards are met
- Provide subject matter expertise for solution planning and design of in-building Cellular antenna systems
- Be the primary point of contact for cellular carriers (T-Mobile, Verizon, and ATT) regarding design planning for Ascension.
- Assist with decisions based on the highest degree of technical complexity and thorough understanding of the implications across the organization.
- Translate application and end user system requirements into technical requirements. Specifically related to BioMedical and Building Automation Systems
- Analyze and solve complex problems, making recommendations as needed, applying creative, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge.
- Define strategies for networking (wired and wireless) and network security required to support the environment.
- Define strategies for networking, desktop services, and security required to support the clinical environment.
- Lead orientation and planning review sessions with the local Information Technology project managers.
- Be an active member of the national architecture team in the development and publication of the standard solution design
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.