Associate Application Operations Engineer
If you're interested in being part of an amazing team that is a customer satisfaction leader, blends engineering operations and support, and is heavily involved in ensuring the success of the company, here's where you would be able to make a difference:
- Provisioning, shutdown, and upgrade of customer's development and production environments.
- Carry out production deployments.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance.
- Support the implementation of new operations projects.
- Ensure operations related activities are performed in compliance with company policies.
- Document new technology solutions and support processes.
This role will provide the opportunity to interact directly with the other internal teams to help resolve technical issues as well as exposure to various technologies including (but not limited to) AWS, ElasticSearch, Python and Java, as well as Linux, and MySQL.
This position has working hours from 9 am - 6 pm with breaks included as part of a global operation, so please be aware of this prior to applying.
Our teams are very distributed, so being able to communicate via text and online is crucial.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Technical or support certifications such as ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert.
- 1-2 years of experience in software or hardware troubleshooting. Experience in AWS will be preferred.
- Previous demonstrated experience in a number of the following technical domains:
- Web 2.0 architecture and solutions
- Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- JSON and XML
- REST API
- Linux or Unix
- Networking (TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
- Scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Version control systems (Git, Subversion)
- Be available for on-call.
- Familiar with the latest and greatest social channels (forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail, and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Friendly, personable, good interpersonal and communication skills.
Why you should join our team
Khoros offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Khoros we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.