Associate Catalog Transfer Services Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Associate ETL Data TransferServices Engineer. As an Associate ETL Data Transfer Engineer you will make a difference every day by using your deep technical skills, knowledge of other top eCommerce platforms, SaaS, and self-hosted environments to help our merchants with critical and often complex data transfers. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, self-driven, and capable of working on multiple projects/tasks at once. This role requires both strong technical and strong communication skills to work with and through internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
What you will do
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to successfully run our ETL Data Transfer app for all platforms
- Investigate, debug, and rerun Catalog Transfers using your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, SQL, REDIS and a variety of data formats
- Identify problematic sections within code, rewrite/customize the code, and test the code to resolve variances on Data Transfer Cases
- Investigate inbound JIRA tickets involving code bugs, write code within the app to address bugs, and submit pull requests (PR) to GitHub for code review and merging into master
- Use basic Web Server knowledge, FTP knowledge, SHELL/Terminal usage and commands in the course of your day-to-day work
- Shepherd cases through their life cycle and coordinate tasks with Data Transfer Specialists as needed
- Contribute to the Data Transfer team code base and MT tool framework and core code
- May develop custom scripting for Enterprise and complex catalog transfers
Who you are
- 3-5 years related experience, ideally working in the eCommerce industry
- 1+ year working with/developing using PHP and various types of data structures and formats (CSV, XML, SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with API interactions and GitHub proficiency is strongly preferred
- 1+ year experience using FTP, SHELL/CMD, MySQL databases, Running CLI applications preferred
- CS degree or equivalent work experience a plus
- Vagrant/VM experience a plus
- GitHub experience a plus
- Experience debugging and correcting PHP applications a plus
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals a plus
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.