Associate Frontend Engineer
Frontend EngineerABOUT US
Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the first real solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentally, which is generating a buzz in the investment world, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the world of freight.
Associate Frontend Engineer
The Frontend Engineer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We are looking for a strong individual contributor with a history of delivering high-quality and intuitive enterprise web applications and leading high-functioning frontend teams. Shipwell is seeking someone who is an approachable, dynamic leader and is willing to oversee the day to day operations of the frontend engineering team. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Develop software with a best-in-class frontend engineering team
- Help define and then deliver frontend code and UX/UI built to drive value for customers
- Work the full development lifecycle, including development methodologies, thorough tracking, and quality of the final delivery (including production)
- Implement processes that drive predictable, high-quality delivery, ensuring a high-quality experience for customers
- Work with product and go-to-market teams for deployment and development timelines
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Consistent record of building high-quality software and delivering amazing UX/UI
- Familiarity with principles of good UX, UI and design-centric thinking
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Jest and Enzyme
- 2+ years of experience delivering frontend applications
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.