Q2 is seeking an ambitious and adaptable Software Engineering Manager experienced in the ins and outs of leading a software development team. As part of our Innovation Studio group based in Austin, TX, you will be managing a team of developers who are responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting 3rd parties who build custom solutions. Through fast-paced, dynamic projects involving components at every level of the Q2 platform; these 3rd parties extend it's functionality to meet our clients’ unique needs. Q2's Innovation Studio team has a community of over 1,000 people working to build new and exciting integrations for our customer base. Our ideal candidate is someone who finds building tools and documentation for other developers to be rewarding.
- Manage a team of front-end developers to ensure the teams priorities are aligned with the businesses needs and objectives.
- Coach and mentor teammates to provide technical feedback, evangelize best practices and coach developers in various stages of their careers.
- Work with the team to ensure SDLC best practices are met.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure their needs are captured into development tickets and prioritized accordingly.
- Work to coordinate communication and events with our developer ecosystem participants.
- Collect feedback from our customers and community.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in (relevant degree) and up to 6 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 4+ years of experience; or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Past experience as a software engineer.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience engineering software in a service-oriented architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience contributing in an Agile development environment
- Good interpersonal skills
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.