Associate Software Engineer at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:57 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 26, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer responsible for building C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
What You'll Be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle, ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework as well as .Net Core
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with message queuing
- Familiarity with asynchronous and multi-threaded applications
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiarity with concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with NoSQL ·
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code ·
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field; OR graduate from a certified Coding Bootcamp
- 1+ year of experience with .Net development tools such as .Net Framework, ASP.Net and C#.
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, and ability to work well in a team setting
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description