Automation Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The BigCommerce Automation Specialist operates in the Strategic Operations organization to produce and execute Marketing tactics, programs, and campaigns via our Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) Marketo. On top of day-to-day operations, maintenance, and administration of Marketo, the Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for optimizing the MARTECH (Marketing Technology) Stack, Integrations, APIs, and the data structure that supports Database Marketing and Lead Lifecycle to enable the “gold standard” of marketing -- delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time!What You’ll Do:
- Build Marketo Emails, Forms, Programs, Drips & Nurtures
- Build Marketo Segmentation of Static Lists, Smart Lists, and maintain the Lead Database
- Build synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to manage proper lead flow, tracking, and reporting at each stage of the funnel
- Build within the Marketing Activities, Lead Database, and Design Studio sections of Marketo with Best Practice tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Administer ancillary MARTECH platforms and system integrations (Salesforce, UTMs, Drift Chat, Drift Email, GoToWebinar, Openprise, Segment.io, Craft CMS - Web, etc.)
- Leverage basic HTML/CSS skills for development of email and landing page templates
- Spend 75% of your time in the platform conducting run-the-business (RTB) stakeholder ticket requests through JIRA
- Spend 25% of your time on big projects and strategic initiatives across critical infrastructure, architecture, net new systems & processes, and cross-functional SOP development
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, automation, or similar entry-level education and training at the execution-level
- Preferably 1+ year working with a Marketing Automation platform
- Detail-oriented with a passion for learning optimal process and best practice implementation
- Team-first mentality with a passion to learn the critical disciplines of Marketing Automation, Database Marketing, Inbound Marketing Methodology, Lead Lifecycle, and Data Orchestration
- High standard bearer who appreciates being a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission
- Critical thinker who can take an abstract, ambiguous request and use a systems-thinking approach to break it down into system logic and visualize a build
- Learner who’s always ready for more and is excited to continuously improve process
- Service and “customers first” mentality always looking to be helpful to stakeholders
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
What We Offer:
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
We have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open Vacation Policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.