AWS DevOps Engineer at ShipperHQ
Are you a head in the cloud, DevOps focused Engineer? Do you have a passion for cloud architecture & building and maintaining scalable systems? If you are, look no further.
ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup with an office in Austin, TX, and a market leader in the eCommerce Shipping space! Founded in 2009, we are a premier supplier of shipping software for eCommerce sites, selling to both SMB and Enterprise clients. We have a fantastic reputation, and are recognized for our high quality service. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly!
We have 35 staff spread across the UK, Australia, and the US. 24 members are based in Austin, TX. We are expanding our US office and are now looking for local staff to support ShipperHQ's growth. We are seeking an outgoing individual with a positive attitude that is willing to grow with the company.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our fast paced Engineering Team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that is ready to take ownership of our deployment processes. Someone who has a strong knowledge of AWS Automation knowledge to work across our complex environment.
- Experience in working in containerized (Docker) environments
- Extensive experience in AWS, especially multi-region/multi-tenant environments
- Deploy, manage, and monitor various AWS services such as EC2, Lambdas, VPC, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, S3, etc
- You are an expert in code deployment tools (Ansible)
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems
- Support a test-driven, quality culture that drives improvements in the Quality Process
- 5+ years in a DevOps Role or equivalent
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of TDD & Agile
- Experience with databases, enterprise software and eCommerce
- Software development background in Java
- Knowledge of: Jenkins, Circle CI or Travis CI
This is a highly fast paced environment where demands are high and staff are relied on to use their intelligence. For the right candidate with the right attitude there are fantastic opportunities for career progression into software development, management and/or other areas. You will learn more at ShipperHQ in a year than in 3 years at other companies, we are agile, run fast and play hard.
- Work with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions
- 22 Days off PTO
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Travel Available to Conferences
- Experience working in SaaS is preferred
- This is a full-time position working out of our Austin, TX office
- Compensation is based on experience