Back End Developer at LeanDNA
Who is LeanDNA
LeanDNA is solving the $150 billion problem facing global manufacturers: Tied up working capital and on-time delivery challenges caused by excess inventory and critical shortages. Built from Lean manufacturing practices, we empower teams at the world’s top aerospace, industrial, automotive, and medical device manufacturers to make impactful inventory optimization decisions for the factory. The result? Real value for their organization, fast.
LeanDNA launched in 2014 with the goal of bridging the gap between complex supply chains and their outdated, labor-intensive methods for reporting, analytics, and lean project management. The goal hasn’t changed, and as our team grows, our commitment has grown with it.
Back End Developer
At the heart of LeanDNA value offering is the ability to pull in customer data efficiently and reliably, and transforming that data into a uniform data model. As a Back End Developer, you will be responsible for building the infrastructure for this data pipeline. We are currently starting our next generation data pipeline project, investigating new technologies and capabilities that can help us scale the data pipeline and make it easy to configure and support.
Investigate technologies that can help us build a scalable pipeline, and prototype solutions leading to technology decisions
Productize the pipeline, making sure it has the right level of reliability and scalability, and can easily be operated and configured by our Data Integration and Support teams
Maintain and troubleshoot the data pipeline in our production and staging environments
3+ years of experience developing data pipeline infrastructure (ETL/ELT)
Proficiency in Java and python
Proficiency in SQL
Hands-on experience with big data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka
Ability to automate tasks using python and bash scripts
NICE TO HAVE
Experience with AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda
Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
Proficiency in frontend frameworks such as React
Experience with Machine Learning data pipelines
We are excited that you are reviewing job opportunities with LeanDNA but please do be cautious of recruitment scams where fraudulent entities pretend to represent LeanDNA. Unsuspecting applicants may be invited to participate in a fake interview, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications and they may even extend a fake offer letter. The purpose is to entice victims to pay money or provide sensitive personal information. Please pay attention to the points below during your job search.
- Be aware of unsolicited communication from an individual or websites with which you are unfamiliar, or whose domain name is inconsistent with the actual business.
- At LeanDNA, we will only communicate with you through our leandna.com email or through our applicant tracking system, Jobscore.
- If you reply to the email and it isn’t a LeanDNA email address, do not continue.
- We will never extend an offer to a position that you did not apply to and we never extend a job offer without thorough interviews with our team. All of our interviews are conducted using leandna.com email address.
- We will never request payments or sensitive data from you during the interview process.