Back-End Engineer, PHP at Unity Technologies
You will be joining the Web Engineering team as part of the Live & Digital Business Unit, and you will collaborate closely with other engineers based in the Copenhagen and San Francisco offices. You will also be interacting with Product managers and UX/UI designers to shape ideas and requirements into a functional and stable implementation and QA to ensure thoroughly tested solutions.
The Web Engineering team is responsible for maintaining and developing innovative features on Unity’s customer-facing websites. You will be working towards creating best in class web infrastructure that brings our users experiences closer to our real-time 3D based software. Your projects will have a direct impact on the users’ perception of our products and brand. Part of your tasks will also be to make decisions ensuring that we build a durable infrastructure architecture.
- Migration of unity3d.com to unity.com and ensure maintainability, scalability and reliability through effective code
- Develop, implement and maintain new third-party integrations and improve our existing ones to be future proof
- Collaborate with multiple teams across different time zones, and ensure high-quality back-end development
- Contribute and collaborate on the future of our tech stack
- Contribute to our handling of multilingual content and translation integrations
- Experience with Laravel or Drupal
- Passionate for Performance, Maintainability, and DRY-principles
- Experience writing, updating and verifying Unit tests
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with ReactJS and Next.js
- Familiarity with CI pipelines (Github Actions, Jenkins and similar)
- Passionate creating API-first and decoupled web sites
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.