Back End Software Engineer - Confluence Discovery & Organization at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian is looking for a Back End software engineer to join Confluence Cloud's Discovery & Organization team. You'll be joining a team focused on building features that help our customers efficiently find and organize information in Confluence. Our team has a direct impact on customer satisfaction, and are proud owners of products like navigation, home, and labels. We are committed to building delightful experiences that are also reliable and performant.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- Proficiency in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliable, and durable software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Experience with database technology (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB)
- Broad knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry, and public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- Passion for software engineering and getting stuff done
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal and communication skills
It would be great, but not required if you have
- Experience crafting and implementing scalable and performance RESTful services
- Experience working with distributed eventing systems
- Knowledge of GraphQL and web-app development
- Familiarity with Reactive programming frameworks (e.g. Spring Webflux, RXJava)
- Familiarity evaluating tradeoffs between correctness, performance, space, and time
- Knowledge of principles to build reliable and performant systems
More about our team
We are a team of highly energetic and empathetic individuals. We pride ourselves in having diverse ideas and care deeply about our products and people. From Mountain View to Seattle and Austin to Chicago, we are a distributed yet cohesive team with a passion for solving customer problems.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .